Business leaders hear about companies converting shipping containers into usable space. They see completed projects. However, are business leaders aware of how beneficial converted shipping containers are? Below we outline several advantages.
Advantages of Converted Shipping Containers
Companies that need extra space find converting shipping containers gives them the following benefits:
- Green Construction. Converting a used shipping container into a new usable space is called green construction. Your building helps reduce impact on the environment. It minimizes the need for new materials.
- Budget Friendly. Converted shipping containers are the most economical way to expand space for your company. Shipping containers have a life span of at least 25 years. Containers will last longer than a mobile trailer office or a temporary structure. Repurposed shipping containers are a quarter of the price you will pay for building a structure from scratch.
- Easy to Expand Current Space. If your business is already established in a preferred location, then moving will not be beneficial. Building a permanent structure to add space will not be financially feasible. Also, what do local building codes allow? Using a converted shipping container gives you extra space for your business in a solid structure. The expense is minimal.
- Different Sizes Available. Shipping containers come in 10, 20, and 40-foot sizes. Repurposing a container will meet your exact needs. When you need space for two different things, such as dry storage or cold storage, invest in two smaller trailers and have them positioned in one area.
- Portability. Shipping container structures are easily relocated. This is perfect for construction sites. Moving converted shipping containers is cost-effective and easy to complete. It is much easier than moving mobile home office structures. Plus, the sturdy structure protects the interiors during the move.
There are many additional reasons that converting a shipping container into a workable space for your company is beneficial. In addition to cost savings, portability, and size, shipping containers offer a secure area for your business. Your business is secure in a custom shipping container.
Shipping containers are airtight structures. They are easy to secure. In addition, they provide exceptional weather resistant properties. Your goods are protected from the weather as well as any unwanted guests.
Call us for more information on how repurposing a shipping container benefits your business.